bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Is there enough money in writing for me to quit my dead end job? I am currently working full time hours in a dead end job, I began writing a novel with a friend about five months ago now. - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Writing books isn't the only way to write professionally.

If your goal is simply to write and earn a living from it rather than to produce a book, business writing can be a lucrative option. You don't have as much freedom to choose what you write, but you are guaranteed a paycheck for what you produce. I know one woman who does this in the financial sector working part time. She isn't getting rich, but she earns a reasonable income at it. I've also worked for businesses who hired freelancers to write annual reports or articles for a newsletter. It's another way to look at the writing market.

There are drawbacks. You have learn to market yourself and run a business, rather than simply write, but these are also skills that can make the difference between success and failure in writing your own books. When you start out, you will have very little control over what you are hired to write, although if you become successful enough, you can market yourself towards a favorite niche, and turn away unappealing jobs..

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Rambettina586

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best