bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How do I structure an essay into a thesis statement and three points in three paragraphs? -this is not a school homework I'm writing an essay but I struggle with thesis statements and paragraphs. - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Ben. Many of us can relate to your struggle. However, your question will likely be flagged as a "can you do my homework for me" question. If you don't mind, I'll respond by helping you answer your question.

Scanning your first draft, I can see your core idea (the thesis). Pick it out. Then pick out the three most powerful thoughts that support your core idea, like three legs on a stool.

Put aside your first draft, don't edit it. Write a second draft of your essay that only contains the core idea and the three supporting thoughts.

You're a creative big-picture thinker, so you have many interesting and related ideas to sort through. It will be challenging, but be ruthless and make choices. Put aside thoughts that don't fit in the structure. Incorporate thoughts that you realize are facets of the "big three."

Put aside your second draft, don't edit it. Write a third draft, fine tune and balance the content. Polish your grammar and style.

I hope you share your work here! Keep on writing!

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Rivera824

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best