bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: A good idea but I do not know how to develop it When you have a good idea for a book or screenplay, but you do not know how to develop this idea on paper, what do you do? - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

The more I write, the more problems I discover in the story. I write two or three possible changes to the characters or plot to fix the problems. Then I pick the one that I like best. Sometimes there's only a minor change in the book, but occasionally things need to be seriously worked on. I've had characters that I needed to add in, delete, or completely change in order to fix a plot hole. I've had to change the sequence of events, add events or leave them out altogether.

But before I started actually writing things down, I had no idea of all of the tiny little kinks and problems that would come up. I didn't know there would be parts of the story I just plain didn't like. I didn't know any of that until I started doing it instead of just thinking about it.

Basically, the answer to your question is that the only way to figure out how to work things out is to do it and work it out as you go along.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Pierce369

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best