bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Tool to batch convert DOI to citations? I'm looking for an (online) tool to convert a long list of DOI's (1000+) into citation information. There are several tools that let you enter one DOI - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I haven't tested this (which would require registering with them and obtaining an ID), but CrossRef provides a web service that appears to do what you need. From the documentation:

Crossref query: doi.crossref.org/servlet/query?pid=username:password&id=10.1006/jmbi.2000.4282 Like metadata queries, DOI query results are returned in XML format.

Once you have a username and password, you can construct a query URL for each DOI. You'll then need to invoke that URL. If I were doing this once I'd probably generate a shell script to call curl once per DOI and run it from the command line; if I expected to do this on a regular basis I might (coax somebody to) write a nicer client interface.
Note that that API is going to return XML; I presume it's the same XML that you get through the one-DOI-at-a-time web interface that you linked.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Goswami879

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best