bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Where do you do your writing? Do you do find you have a best place to do your writing? In the movies, writers seem to live and work in places with beautiful homes (lighthouses, windmills...) - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

If you enjoy a beautiful view, then a place where there is a beautiful view is probably the WORST place to write, because you'd be constantly distracted.

Maybe for some people the right setting could help put you in the mood. I'm sure that wouldn't work for me.

I recall when I was in college a teacher once gave the advice to always study in the same place, because then you quickly get to know the place, and it's boring. If you work in some new and strange place, the moment you start getting bored or tired with the job you're going to look around and say, "Hey, what's that over there? ..."

Personally, I write sitting on the sofa in my library. It's comfortable, there's good light, and if I'm writing something that requires research, all my books are right there. Downside: there's a TV in the room, so if I get bored it's way too easy to say, hey, I'll just watch TV for a little bit.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Annie587

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best