bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Is the iPad a convenient medium for writing work? Does anyone here write on an iPad at all? The iPad 2G is due this summer and I have waited since March 2010 already, so I am planning to - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I don't use my iPad for my manuscript, but I know several authors who do. They tend to belong to the large camp of writers who prefer using plain text editors for their writing in order to avoid distraction.

However, I do use it for note-taking. I use a combination of two apps for this: Springpad and Elements. Springpad is nice because it doubles as a web based, cross-platform bookmarking tool and note organizing system. I use it to capture ideas for later use. I use Elements to actually author blog posts or chapter fragments while I'm on the road.

If you plan to do any writing on an iPad I highly recommend the Kensington KeyFolio bluetooth keyboard. It's not quite as comfortable as a laptop keyboard but it's better than trying to type on the iPad itself - mostly because you win back the screen real estate that the keyboard steals.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Speyer920

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best