bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How do I write an emotional scene? The scene is about one of the protagonist who was until now, more a cold than a warm person. However she's not a sociopath, she just mostly hides her emotions - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I'm more of a show-er than a teller. If I'm way off base, perhaps you can extrapolate.

Arielle saw him coming from a quarter mile. His relaxed gait and flowing hair reminded her of an innocence now lost to distant memory. As he got closer, Orion smiled and waved.

"Does nothing bother you?" Arielle pointedly asked.

"Well, I, I guess I was just trying to be friendly," replied Orion. "I know this is a big deal; I wasn't intending to making light of the situation."

"Sure, but you have a tendency to not take me serious--anything serious! Sometimes I don't even know why we're friends!"

"Listen, Arielle, I mean ..."

Closing her eyes and taking a deep breath, Arielle tried to steady herself. She was doing it again. She knew she was doing it again. It had to stop; she needed to let someone in, and Orion was definitely the one most qualified. Her lower lip quivered and she briefly sniffled.

She didn't even think she knew how to cry; she could never even remember doing so. But suddenly, her arms were around his neck, and she wept into his shoulder. "I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry."

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Reiling826

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best