bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Do You Use Any Version Controlling Software/Methods As Writers? As writers, do you use any version controlling software to track and monitor what you write? For example, if you accidentally deleted - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

If you are using a Mac, one thing that many people miss is that there is built-in system versioning that is available in any app that supports it.

For example, if you are writing in Pages, you can go File â–¶ Revert â–¶ Browse all Versions to essentially go back in time to previous versions of your document. It works somewhat like how Time Machine works for all files. And it is available on many different built-in and 3rd party apps.

Of course you can also use Time Machine to browse back in time within a folder that contains your chapters or other writing documents.

But it is definitely work exploring learning to write in Markdown (which takes all of an hour) and then that basically makes you a programmer, and you can use programming tools. I write in BBEdit because it gives me the feeling of a long empty page and the writing I make there can be easily machine-converted into any kind of format for publishing. BBEdit has Git and Subversion support.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Eichhorn147

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best