bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Writing A Story and Need help with intro I'm writing a story and I would an idea for the intro to open up the story. The story is about two kids who find an old box in their grandparents' - selfpublishingguru.com

10.02% popularity

I'm writing a story and I would an idea for the intro to open up the story. The story is about two kids who find an old box in their grandparents' garage holding papers about a covered stairway in their basement. When they go down that staircase they find the back of the declaration of independence, which is really a treasure map.

As the news spreads, the whole world finds out about it and, in the end, the kids walk up to the president and put it on the table and say "This may not be true".

Load Full (1)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Kaufman555

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

I always start with characters. I create a few and write a lot of scenes where they interact with each other. This is exploratory writing that might not make it into the final drafts, but it helps you figure out who your characters are, what their motivations are, what they think of each other, etc.

For me, the plot emerges from the characters. I never begin with the plot.

Looks like you'll need to find yourself a good proofreader at some point, too.

Load Full (0)