logo selfpublishingguru.com

topic : Find: Children's book illustrator I need an illustrator for my first self-published children's book. Where do I find artists that will work on a small budget? What are the compensation

Vandalay250 @Vandalay250

Posted in: #Artwork #Book #Children #SelfPublishing

I need an illustrator for my first self-published children's book.

Where do I find artists that will work on a small budget?
What are the compensation options?
How do I find an artist that specializes in multi-racial characters?
If an illustrator is not in the budget, is there a software program that can turn photos into illustrations?
What should I expect for a 20-page book that has 15 illustrations?

10.02% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (2) Report

2 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

@Murphy332

Murphy332 @Murphy332

If an illustrator is not in the budget, is there a software program that can turn photos into illustrations?

Many image editing programs have a feature called Effects or Filters that can transform a photo in many ways. Photoshop probably has the widest range of choices, though there are also free alternatives. The image below was created using Paint.NET (Effects menu / Artistic / Ink Sketch...). There are quite a few plugins for Paint.NET that offer a variety of effects (pay attention to the big red warning on the plugins page). GIMP is another popular, free choice.

Effects for all image editing programs have a variety of parameters you can tweak to adjust the look.

You will probably get much better results if a quality illustrator is in your budget.

10% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

@Sent2472441

Sent2472441 @Sent2472441

If you look for artists on their webcomic sites, like Cucumber Quest, Hark! a Vagrant or Helvetica, you may have some luck.

Also, check out Deviant Art for users with worldwide artistic talents

10% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

SelfPubGuruLearn self publishing
Back to top | Use Dark Theme