bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Can you sell a book for money while having it published online for free? I write novels, I'm not a big name publisher or anything else but I have ideas that I think should have a chance - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

If you mean, Is there a law against it? No.

A retailer might ask you to sign a contract promising not to sell for less than their price. As Dale mentions, Kindle -- and Amazon in general -- ask you to promise this.

From your own point of view, why would you want to do this? If people can find your book for sale for and available elsewhere for free, why would they pay for it? It seems like you would be competing against yourself.

RE ISBNs: An ISBN identifies a particular edition of a book: the text, the cover, the binding, etc. If you produce, say, a hardcover version and a paperback version, or a version with color pictures and a version with only black & white pictures, they must have different ISBNs. But you wouldn't have a different ISBN just because you're distributing through a different channel or charging a different price. An ISBN is like a part or item number: it identifies the specific book for ordering purposes. If a company made a red shirt and a blue shirt, they'd need different item numbers to distinguish them. But they wouldn't make different item numbers for each store that sells their shirts.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Annie587

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best