bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Does writing in a certain mood change how a writer writes? I'm not sure if this is right for this part of Stackexchange, but since there is no psychology section, here we go: I'm currently - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Everything about you on a particular day influences your creative output. Not only mood, but also how tired you are, what drugs you have been taking, whether you are hungry or not hungry or have eaten way too much food, whether you have worries or not, whether you feel rushed or not, what location you are writing in. That is why you see a lot of writers (and artists and other creative people) carving out a quiet, neutral room to work in so that when they go into that room, they go into a neutral place and mood, apart from the details of that particular day, apart from the world, and then they can shift high or low in mood and intensity as required by the subject matter of the work they are doing.

What you are doing by writing the same story while in different moods reminds me of the following art project, where the artist painted the same self-portrait multiple times while under the influence of different drugs. Included here as food for thought about how state of mind influences creative work.

Bryan Lewis Saunders — Under the Influence

You might want to experiment with any or all of the above factors. Like fast for a day and then write your story, and then eat 10,000 calories in a day and write your story.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Fox6458700

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best