bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How do I keep from plagiarizing others? I would like to start writing blog articles online as a guest writer. Most blogs have guidelines that have to be loosely followed; like what the niche - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I would suggest that you cite the original source, if you are researching ideas that others have done.

If you write:

This how to do X thing. Y method can be used, as shown [here].

then you are not claiming it as your own work. Anyone else can then access the original poster's website, from which you have done your own research, and will know that that is where you have got the information from.

Also, if you are directly copying any text from said article/blog post, then you will need to add them as quotes. You can, however, summarize or explain in your own way what they have written, such as

Person A uses X technique, which is good for achieving Y effect. However, make sure to take note to "Never do Z if attempting X technique", as Person A states in the article.

Obviously if you are drawing from your own experience on anything, then there is no question of plagiarism. However, plagiarism comes when you attempt to pass of the work of another as your own, hence clearly referencing whose work your research has come from will not be plagiarism.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Gail2416123

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best