bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Is it a good idea to make the protagonist pull themselves together Is it a good idea, to make the protagonist pull themselves together at a point in a work of fiction. I've been writing a - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

What do you think the reader will expect?
I don't think that when reading your novel, they will think: "Well, he is going to be scared the rest of the novel, he will never do anything, the end."
I think, that by creating the conflict, and the scared protagonist, the readers will expect him to not be scared at some point, and do something about the conflict.
You already created the premise for the protagonist to change, now you only need him to do it in a believable way.

I don't think skipping a week is a problem, if you explain in one way or another to the readers what happened, briefly or not.
Really simple would be to say:
"As the weeks passed by, he realized running away was taking him nowhere. All those days he was trying to get away were just time wasted. insert more here"
Not the best example, but I hope you get the meaning.

When you have written the 'transition', just let your beta readers see it and ask them how sudden/fake it sounds.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Reiling826

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best