bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Adding a PoV after the first novel in a series I am currently developing a series of fantasy novels, and have discovered that I will likely be adding a second point of view in the second - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

You can most definitely add POVs.

As a reader, I don't remember ever being bothered by multiple POVs (other than in a suspense sort of way, as in I'm interested in what POV A has going on right now, then it switches to POV B, but it's a good way to get pages turning), and it could be an excellent tool for adding information you think is necessary about multiple characters without an info dump or having to carefully work in backstory.

Diana Gabaldon is a master at this in the Outlander series- Book 1 was first-person POV, and only one person. The remaining novels so far switch between TP POV and first-person POV (always the same original POV in first-person. Everyone else in third person), and each person is distinct. It adds so much depth to each person.

Veronica Roth is another example that I think pulled this off well - first 2 books in one POV, and the last one in 2 POVs.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Ogunnowo420

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best