logo selfpublishingguru.com

topic : Bachelor thesis indentation Are there any rules for proper indentation in thesis? I am physicist so my thesis includes number of images and equations. Now I think you should not indent first

Sent2472441 @Sent2472441

Posted in: #Formatting #Latex #Rules #ScientificPublishing

Are there any rules for proper indentation in thesis?

I am physicist so my thesis includes number of images and equations.

Now I think you should not indent first paragraph after:

Title of chapter, section, subsection...
Equation

Then you should follow the rule "One paragraph for one thought".

Is this right?

10.02% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (2) Report

2 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

@Shanna875

Shanna875 @Shanna875

Most universities have a style guide that you must follow when writing your thesis. When my wife wrote her thesis, she was required to follow the MLA style guide, which is where the rules for indentation and spacing, etc. are found.

I'd go to either your thesis committee or to your university's library to talk to somebody about the submission requirements. These are usually very strict, so knowing them in advance will save you much time later when it comes time to edit your thesis.

10% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

@Reiling826

Reiling826 @Reiling826

In general, you would either use block format or full indentation for the whole paper. The only major exception would be the abstract, which is usually block format to save on characters.

Charles Lipson has a book entitled How to Write a BA Thesis, and Robert Day's How to Write and Publish a Scientific Paper has an index that should help. They are probably available in your library and can quickly answer individual questions.

10% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

SelfPubGuruLearn self publishing
Back to top | Use Dark Theme