bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Is it okay to have a character who doesn't actually have a name? The character in my book doesn't have a name. I mean, he probably does, but its not used by any other character in the book, - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

This is at least the third question you've posted about revealing the name of a character. I think you're obsessing over this tiny point way too much. Just give him a name and be done with it.

Most stories start out identifying the main characters' names in the first few paragraph, usually in a totally nonchalant way. Often at least one main character is named in the first sentence. Lots of stories start with a statement like, "George lived in a small apartment in Chicago with his wife Sally."

If there is some good reason in your story why the main character's name should be unknown or a secret, okay fine. Otherwise, just give him a name and move on. Just start the story, "Fwacbar, the Dark Lord, thought he was the only man alive" or whatever, and get on with the story.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Annie587

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best