logo selfpublishingguru.com

topic : Is SelfPubBookCovers.com a good website to buy book covers? The saying goes to never judge a book by its cover, but let's face it: a cover is a very important part of a book. However, many

Berryessa137 @Berryessa137

Posted in: #BookCover #Kindle #Marketing #SelfPublishing

The saying goes to never judge a book by its cover, but let's face it: a cover is a very important part of a book. However, many people don't have access to an illustrator, or cover designer. I myself don't have the skills to design my own cover, and I've had very little luck finding an artist at my community college interested in designing a book cover for me.

So I signed up for SelfPubBookCovers.com thinking that I do like a lot of the covers, but they're anywhere between 60-95 dollars. This is a lot of money for me to put upfront, and I know that it could be worth it, but have any other self published authors had any luck with the book covers from SelfPubBookCovers.com?

10.02% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (2) Report

2 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

@Caterina108

Caterina108 @Caterina108

The business model of that site (I took a quick gander at the artist submission guidelines) is rather legit. They do require artists to submit original artworks, and if the stock photos are used, they ensure originality by making the artist use a combination of at least two images. Each cover is only sold once, once you paid for it, it's yours and yours only.

While nominally that policy ensures that the covers, produced in that manner are, indeed, all different to some extent, please, consider the following:

The artists submits their works to the site with one and only purpose--to sell them. In order for the pre-fixed cover to be sold, it must be generic enough to fit the widest variety of tastes, and this is what you have to select from: the wide selection of generic-looking covers.

Even if you will find the cover that matches perfectly the mood and other specifics of your book, you will still end up with a book cover which looks somewhat like the other one you saw, only the blond on the cover is a brunette and is looking the other way.

If you want something original, you have to work with the artist on the project and let them read your book first. That is much more expensive, though.

The choice is yours.

10% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

@Bethany377

Bethany377 @Bethany377

I don't have experience with that site, but you might want to try looking at Fiverr to see if anyone offering to make covers there seems appropriate. While everything on Fiverr starts at you will likely want a package that costs a bit more. There are multiple folks there who do covers, so explore and see if you find some one you want to work on your cover, then check their options.

10% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

SelfPubGuruLearn self publishing
Back to top | Use Dark Theme