bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Character development site free? I am wanting a site where I can do any character development in a form with lots of questions. So far I have found a few android apps but they don't satisfy - selfpublishingguru.com

10.03% popularity

I am wanting a site where I can do any character development in a form with lots of questions. So far I have found a few android apps but they don't satisfy me(most of the good ones have a price). I have already found hiveword but are there any other free sites like it?

Character development is important for me in this Kepler Bb story because I have so many events with my characters. It would even be good if I could separate 1 character into different ages so that I could see development not just at that moment but over time.

I would prefer it to be online like hiveword but it would also be nice if you gave me the names of good free android apps for this exact purpose.

Load Full (2)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Sarah872

2 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

One that I know of is CharaHub.com. It's a good site to get a feel for things and keep your characters organized, and even upload pictures.

Another option which always a good idea, though a little slow and requiring meticulousness from the creator, is to create a character document. You can do this with an iOS app/Android app or a plain old Word document (I recommend this since there seems to be a dearth of writing apps in the Google Play store). What you do is you organize everything by character, including the questions. If it does not pertain to that particular character, then you leave it out or stick it somewhere else.

A good place to get questions from is Tumblr, where they have things called "memes"* - specified for writing, they just might get your creativity going. You could also visit various writing blogs on the site.

*search the tags for 'writing meme' or something similar. A lot of roleplayers use these to understand their characters.

Load Full (0)

10% popularity

There is a page-based physical app (what my grandmother used to call a "book") called the Writer's Guide to Character Traits that does a good job of what you're looking for. It gives an excellent, high-level, discussion of character traits, along with general examples of how such traits develop, co-morbidity, and how they will present at different ages.

Written by Linda Edelstein, it's not free but sounds like it might suit the bill.

Load Full (0)