bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How to handle screenplay revisions in Final Draft? I need to revise a screenplay in Final Draft, and I'm finding that the revision features in the program are poor. Are there any ways to introduce - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

An ancient question, but I've an updated suggestion. Final Draft is only useful for script formatting, submission, and production. It is not designed for collaboration or multi-party editing.

I suggest writing a draft in Final Draft. Then convert to fountain (a Markdown-like text format see fountain.io) and import into Word or Google Docs for collaboration and revision. I prefer Google Docs myself, but keep the fountain syntax.

Finally when the next draft is "finalised", turn revision marks off and save the text back to fountain format. Convert back to Final Draft and you have Draft 2 in Final Draft.

I have used this procedure many times.

Alternatively Writer Duet has amazing collaboration tools.

Also Final Draft from version 9 recommends desktop screen sharing via join.me for live online collaboration (yuck). Update even FD11 built in collaboration still sucks.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Merenda569

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best