bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Do you indent a text message at the beginning of a chapter? I would like to start a chapter with a text message. I believe based on the style guides I've read that you should indent text - selfpublishingguru.com

10.02% popularity

I would like to start a chapter with a text message.

I believe based on the style guides I've read that you should indent text messages, but how about if they are at the start of a chapter?

Usually you don't indent the first line of a chapter, so I was wondering if anyone had any advice about what to do in this situation?

Load Full (2)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Vandalay250

2 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

You could use a screenshot of the text message or messages. Doing so will give a more direct impression of seeing the message on a phone. The next best thing might be to place it in a text box (with rounded corners) to suggest that the text is being displayed a screen.

Load Full (0)

10% popularity

If your book is going to be published by a traditional publishing house, they'll format it however they like.

If your book is going to be self-published, you can format it however you like. Go ahead and break convention for one chapter if you need to. I promise you won't be punished for it. :)

Load Full (0)