bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Gentle reminder to the person who haven't reply my email at all I'd like to know what expression I can use for the gentle (but strong) reminder to the person who has bad manners to ignore - selfpublishingguru.com

10.01% popularity

I'd like to know what expression I can use for the gentle (but strong) reminder to the person who has bad manners to ignore emails.

Load Full (1)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @BetL639

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

Here's how I would deal with this by email:

[Name],
I'm sorry to hassle you, but this is now urgent. [Optional: explain briefly but firmly why it's urgent.]
Will you please let me know when I can expect a reply to the message below?
Thanks,
Andrew

Some other things to bear in mind:

If you suspect this person is ignoring their inbox, why send more emails? You need another route. Can you call them instead?
If you believe they're only ignoring your emails, that's different, but in my experience you will still be more likely to change that if you can find a way to telephone them.
Nobody ever does anything because of 'bad manners'. Especially if this is a workplace email, it's more likely that they have been too busy, or they've been forced to prioritise something else.
You may or may not think that's excusable, but if you want them to help you, don't adopt an accusatory tone. Put yourself in their position: whatever the circumstances, through their eyes, they've been doing their best.

Hope that helps.

Load Full (0)