bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Writing a Platonic Relationship I'm writing a story, however I just can't seem to form a platonic relationship between my characters. Whenever I am writing my characters (Eric and Abigail), it - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Well, if your character types are supposing a slow building to their romantic relationship then what I guess is that you have answered all the questions for their personalities in your mind but you have not put it into paper. Ask the questions why are they so passionate about each other and why they love each other. What makes them fit to each other and what connects them. What do they give to each other that the other can't live without. After getting these answers then think of the best ways to present it to the reader - by situations, relations, conversations and obstacles.
Sometimes we as writers have the whole story in our head and it seems it is great but we forget that the reader knows only what is written and can guess only based on this.
By the way if you have this feeling that they should kiss, the reader will feel it too and if you delay that kiss then you will raise the excitement and pleasantly irritate the readers mind. So try to delay that kiss if you think the story can benefit from this.
There is also this option that the characters are so passionate that the kiss should really happen early and this is ok if this sis natural for them.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Murray165

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best