bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Novel frustration I need help. I have written 4 novels, 3 in kit form.I will try to be brief, but this is complicated. The stories are brilliant....and in current form unreadable.I am a conflicted - selfpublishingguru.com

10.02% popularity

I need help. I have written 4 novels, 3 in kit form.I will try to be brief, but this is complicated. The stories are brilliant....and in current form unreadable.I am a conflicted writer hampered by the fact that I cannot type.I am both a manic writer,and also lazy.Once I get a thought,the whole novel pops into my head from beginning to end.At times I have written 16 pages or more at a sitting,not being disturbed in the least by screaming grandchildren,or blaring T V sets,then gone months without writing a thing.I NEVER get writers block,my problem is quite the opposite.When the creative juices are flowing I don t stop to correct the obvious spelling mistakes or malaprop (everything is handwritten)the upshot is that I write partial chapters,then jump to others and return later The results can be chaotic.Though I have improved considerably in my early

Load Full (2)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Turnbaugh521

2 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

I had the same problem.

You have to fight your laziness, to stop procrastinating, because all the creativ part of this work (the inspiration, the story "popping out", the ideas, the plan, some brilliant dialog fragments) is the good part, the exciting part.

But then, if you want to make it real, there's not secret to it : you have to work hard (correcting, proofreading, (re)writing the less engaging parts of a chapter) and yes most of time you ideas seems less brilliant when you put them on paper, and yes it's frustrating and unpleasent, but then again, is the only path !

Switching from a novel to another novel is just a disguised way for escaping these inconviniences ! I was doing the same.

Load Full (0)

10% popularity

I am not this type of a writer but in this case what I can suggest is when you have the jouces - just sit and write down what you think or even record it. Try to make it as a whole story as much as you can. Then when you have it somewhat structured go and talk to an editor and together consult how to write your story planning and putting deadlines.
What else I can suggest is collecting all your ideas, laying them down and then talking with a ghost writer who can finish your novel. I wouldn't do the seccond think though but it might work for you.

Load Full (0)