bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: New CreateSpace books appearing on Amazon from book resellers? Here's the general question: How does a book published via CreateSpace end up being sold blindingly fast by other booksellers? I - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I have just noticed that Wordery USA and half adozen other companies are selling what they claimed to be used new condition copies of a book that I have just published at about 7 dollars below the retail value. I believe that they are not getting them from expanded distribution because the author (me)has not selected expanded distribution as a distribution option. I think that they are new copies obtained directly from the printer. I have noticed that Amazon have a complex system of bots that checks my site every few hours and puts my books in the purchase cart. Every book. The point of this seems to be to check the final price. I think Amazon uses this system to sell CreateSpace books at a discount and undercut the author and the author's publisher. Because these are being sold as used books the author isn't getting royalties and they are taking the bulk of the sales because they are undercutting the authors.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Looi5811334

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best