bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : How to make a sentence seems more legitimate? I have the following sentence: Earn Up to ,000 for Evaluating Code! I am thinking of using this as a headline to entice visitors to enter - selfpublishingguru.com

10.01% popularity

I have the following sentence:

Earn Up to ,000 for Evaluating Code!

I am thinking of using this as a headline to entice visitors to enter their email, but most people feel this sentence scares people off, because it’s worded like a scam.

The subheading is the following

We’re recruiters, not professional developers. We pay you to help us recruit better developers… it’s that simple!

But it’s really the heading that stands out. When you think about it, this shouldn’t feel like a scam because software developers make 80-140k a year, and you’re getting 10% for issuing the recommendation, as opposed to recruiters who currently charge 20-25%, but I feel most people won’t dig down into understanding what this is about if the headline feels sketchy.

At the same time, I want to the headline to remain catchy. Hence, my question is, How do I communicate the same thing without it feeling like a scam?

Load Full (1)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Tiffany377

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

I think this relates to the classic warning, "If a deal sounds too good to be true, it probably is." Any advertisement or headline that sounds like you're giving a big reward for little effort will instantly make most rational people suspect a scam.

Overstating your offer can make it sound suspicious. Even if the offer is completely legitimate, if the headline makes it sound TOO good, it can be counterproductive.

Like, "Code evaluator jobs. Competitive rates." would not make me think of a scam. If I was looking for a job I might read it. "Code evaluator jobs. ,000 per week!!!" I would probably dismiss as a scam instantly and delete without even opening. Maybe I've missed some incredibly great offers with that attitude, but I'm sure I've also missed out on losing lots of money to scams.

In short, you need to make the offer sound "good" without making it unbelievable.

Load Full (0)