bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : What genre would this fall under? Imagine a story in which the criminal is, from the very beginning, already known to the protagonist. Now the task is to find the criminal, but the target - selfpublishingguru.com

10.03% popularity

Imagine a story in which the criminal is, from the very beginning, already known to the protagonist. Now the task is to find the criminal, but the target evades capture easily.

This is clearly different from normal crime stories, in which the identity must be found first, but I don't know what it is called.

Load Full (3)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Cugini967

3 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

You could go with Thriller.

If attempts are being made at capturing the criminal but s/he escapes everytime, I suspect there'd be lots of thrilling moments.

You could also use Drama.

This depends on how the story develops. For example if the detectives husband is the criminal who's been having an affair with the detective's sister on the side.

Load Full (0)

10% popularity

Crime drama.

Wikipedia told me so. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fall_%28TV_series%29 @JStrange88 led me to it.

Load Full (0)

10% popularity

This is extremely similar to a British show called The Fall, on Netflix. You know right from the get-go, and he gets plenty of screen-time throughout. I urge you to watch that before you start writing this. There are definitely some pitfalls to avoid with this sort of thing.

Load Full (0)