bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Highly metaphorical writers I was looking for some writers who are famous for their rich in metaphors, poetic style (to study and learn from them). Surprisingly, Google had failed me, locating - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

For me, there are only two words that can answer this question: "Patricia McKillip".

"Lyrical, epic prose", is one way to describe her. "The way everyone should write about magic", is another way I've heard to describe her. Me, I simply read everything she writes that I can find.

I once met a book critic of some decades of career experience at a Barnes and Nobles. She challenged me to pick out of the Sci-fi and Fantasy section my best recommendation for her. A daunting prospect indeed.

I took a few steps over to reach my choice and pulled off the shelf the Riddlemaster of Hed trilogy and the Cygnet duology, both by Patricia McKillip and handed them to her. Of course, she had already read them all, but her response to me was that in all the years of her career as a book critic, the sole author she had not been able to find anything major to criticize about was one Patricia McKillip.

I hope you try out her books, if you have not already, and enjoy them.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Mendez196

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best