bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Help with extended metaphor in college essay I'm trying to write a college essay using an extended metaphor comparing my desire to pursue education in the future with the creation of a yoyo. - selfpublishingguru.com

10.01% popularity

I'm trying to write a college essay using an extended metaphor comparing my desire to pursue education in the future with the creation of a yoyo. This is probably a bit confusing, so I'll try to explain.

I have four separate sections in the essay.

The Design - a.k.a. The Inspiration
The Machining - a.k.a. The Vision
The Testing - a.k.a. The Assessment
The Production - a.k.a The Envisionment

The first is about how I got the inspiration to become a teacher. The second is how I molded my high school extracurriculars around that goal. The third is how I want to continue testing whether or not teaching is something for me in university. The last is my end goal I guess.

At the moment, I just have it so that it's one paragraph about the yoyo followed by a paragraph about myself and the whole teaching thing. Is there a way for me to join them together using a metaphor to make the essay a more literally coherent/excellent piece? Any help/advice at all would be very much appreciated - thanks in advance!

Load Full (1)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Connie138

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

Since your issue is making them blend together more easily, instead of using one paragraph for the yo-yo, one paragraph for the teaching, etc, Why not combine them in a single paragraph? I think that it would be easier to blend the two into each other if they were not separated by a paragraph break. I suggest finding something in common between the two parallel steps and building on that.

Load Full (0)