bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: What tools and software writers use to write wikipedia style articles for website content? I want to understand the workflow in regard to professional writing career. This is regarding writing - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Wordpress is probably a good solution. I just wanted to add that saving tabular data in a well known spreadsheet program is helpful for archiving. If you want to make tables on wordpress, try the Tablepress module; it's great.

My workflow may be strange, but I use Dropbox for version control, keep data and graphics in separate folders, edit stuff in a simple text editor (Sublime Text, Notetab Pro, etc) and then transfer it to a rich text editor when I'm ready to finalize the presentation. For writing and collaboration, you don't necessarily need a database to store your data, but it's crucial to use a cloud solution like Dropbox -- which is very collaboration friendly. (A tip though -- free versions of cloud apps like dropbox have limited version control -- for Dropbox free, you only have versions from 30 days back).

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Samaraweera193

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best