bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : In defense of laptops (specifically netbooks) : I think a pretty decent choice would be a netbook that is underpowered enough to keep you from using it for anything but word processing, and - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

In defense of laptops (specifically netbooks) :

I think a pretty decent choice would be a netbook that is underpowered enough to keep you from using it for anything but word processing, and there are a variety of tools out there to block those kinds of activities if you so choose. I'm sure for typing that'd be a tricky prospect, but some of them have extraordinarily comfortable keyboards, you just have to find the right manufacturer.

My suggestion it to look into ChromeOS or another super-lightweight operating system (I personally prefer Ubuntu Netbook Remix, but Linux isn't for everyone) that will allow your computer to boot up in record time and still let you just write.

I personally ended up getting a used Dell XT2 from a friend for about 10% of what it costs new. I use it for a lot of things but it's a great little writing tool. The battery lasts about five hours if I keep the settings low and it boots up in about 30 seconds, so I like being able to just go straight to work on it and take it with me everywhere.

A quick Google search showed about 50+ sites where you can get netbooks for around a hundred dollars that come with a variety of warranties.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Frith254

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best