bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : I know this was asked out of simple curiosity, but there are deeper implications to your question than might be initially apparent. The difference between these manuscripts are meant to reflect - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I know this was asked out of simple curiosity, but there are deeper implications to your question than might be initially apparent. The difference between these manuscripts are meant to reflect the differences in the cultures they are being marketed to. The same rough draft is sent through a review process by two different editors, a UK editor, and a US editor. While the changes shouldn't be that extensive, future sociologists could look back on those differences, and examine the slight (or even significant) differences between the US culture of this era, and the UK culture of this era. Imagine what a UK version of Uncle Tom's Cabin would be like if it were prepared today for publication in the UK, and how different that version would be from a version prepared at the time the book was originally published, and you'll have an idea of the kinds of differences I mean.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Michele605

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best