bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How to extrapolate a spectacular crime from everyday ones I'm reading daily crime stories in newspapers, just to have an idea to write a detective story. But the crimes I read about aren't - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I have worked as a police inspector for some time and I can tell that there is no normal crime. When you start exploring the motives and the criminal's psychology it becomes very interesting. I'd suggest that you try learning as much as you can about the specific crime because the most important things are in the details.
I think what will make an interesting story is what makes an interesting story from everything - answer the question Why about everything. And when facts end, start with your imagination.
I am not interested in writing criminal stories but I'd suggest that you try going below the publications, maybe even try to experience things first hand like visiting crime scenes and feeling the locations, knowing people from the same social groups your characters are etc.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Speyer920

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best