bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : How to write a short, and persuasive headline? I have the following sentence that I am thinking of using as headline ` Shop online. Locally. ` However, I am not sure if this headline - selfpublishingguru.com

10.01% popularity

I have the following sentence that I am thinking of using as headline `

Shop online. Locally.

`

However, I am not sure if this headline connects well with it sub-headline.

Pick up the goods you can't get anywhere else in the places you go
everyday.

Hence, my question is, is the headline clear, grammar-free, persuasive, and does it connect well with its follow-up sentence, the subheadline.

Thanks in advance, and for any clarification, let me know.

Load Full (1)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Heady158

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

Yes, this is really good. If I were to see this headline, I'd like it. It's good because it tells me what it's about - online shopping - before going into the subheading gives me a bit of extra detail. Your grammar is absolutely fine. I wouldn't call this persuasive though, as headlines aren't meant to persuade, they are made to attract.

Considering you asked in the title how to write a short and good headline, I'd like to point this out. Humans love groups of three, it's a magic number in the world of advertising. I bet if you watched a random advert you'd see some triadic structure (use of that magic number three). To use triadic structure and improve your headline, you could try something like:

Shop online. Quickly. Easily.

This also uses two adverbs with connotations of convenience.

I hope this helped you :)

Load Full (0)