bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Is there a revision functionality in LibreOffice Writer? Is there a way to identify content of a document based on the date it was typed in Office Writer? @Mark Baker - yes that is my question. - selfpublishingguru.com

10.01% popularity

Is there a way to identify content of a document based on the date it was typed in Office Writer?
@Mark Baker - yes that is my question. I did find a revision option under file. If you choose it, in the next window you can configure the document to save previous versions. But that is not what I am after. I am looking for a functionality similar to what you get if you turn on tracking in word. I like to know if there is a way to see all the changes I made to a file yesterday for instance.
@Joe - Track changes would work for what I need, but I did not turn it on. Even a daily tracking of modifications would work for me. As for Git, I do have Git installed. I am not familiar with all the features, and this may be a good opportunity to learn it. Do you know if I can use Git to track the different versions of a document and keep the file on my own machine? That would work for me. Let me make sure I understand what you are suggesting regarding the compare files functionality of the writer. You mean if I used Git or some other VCS to track different versions of file, I should then use compare files to see the delta because .odt files have meta-data? I do not follow why I would see one whole file, and where I would see it. I really appreciate the last post; that looks more like what I was after.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Kimberly114

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best