bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Sample Metaphor for Cycling Can you please give me a sample metaphor for cycling, specially when pedalling uphill and sweating. Also, I'd like an example of a metaphor to describe the opposite - selfpublishingguru.com

10.02% popularity

Can you please give me a sample metaphor for cycling, specially when pedalling uphill and sweating.

Also, I'd like an example of a metaphor to describe the opposite situation: riding downhill, with the wind is blowing into the driver's face and the speed is increasing.

I'm composing a speech project with a requirements of using metaphors.

Edit: I want to have a metaphor for an uphill ride and a downhill ride experience.

Thank you

Load Full (2)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Megan928

2 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

A few examples:

Pedaling uphill is like swimming against the current; downhill gives you the brief instant of going over the waterfall.
Uphill is like a sweaty, physical manifestation of how I felt dragging myself into the office every morning for five years. Down is the horrible moment you realize that being fired is even worse.
When you're pedaling uphill, you're eight years old again, lugging around the lawnmower to make five bucks. Then you rush downhill - that's when you've got the five dollars, and you're soaring to the candy store as fast as your little legs can carry you.

Load Full (0)

10% popularity

Imagine the situation: You pedal uphill, your muscles are aching, your face is a grimace of pain. There is resistance (called gravity) which does not want that you reach the top of the hill.

Where do you feel resistance in other situations? Where else is a force you have to overbear, to conquer? Use that as metaphor.

Now going downhill: It's easy riding downhill. You feel free. Gravity is on your side (The force is with you). When do you feel like that? Parachuting? Find out and pick your metaphor.

Load Full (0)