bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : How to prepare a manuscript for submission? When my book is ready to give to some volunteer readers/reviewers: Suppose some of the reviewers want a hard copy. What's the best way to prepare - selfpublishingguru.com

10.01% popularity

When my book is ready to give to some volunteer readers/reviewers:

Suppose some of the reviewers want a hard copy. What's the best way to prepare the hard copy for them? Is this the same as the best way to prepare a manuscript to send to an agent or publisher?

Load Full (1)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Angie602

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

So firstly, printing actual copies of your book to give to beta readers is a really bad idea. It costs loads of money when they could be reading it on the internet. When you are actually submitting to an agent or publisher, I would also highly recommend doing it electronically as that helps things go faster.

If you're absolutely sure that you need to print copies to give to beta readers, then here's some print-on-demand companies you might want to look at. A print-on-demand company is exactly what it sounds like; it prints on demand.

www.epubli.co.uk/ - Great and cheap EU company. I've used it several times in the past and it's reliable. www.printondemand-worldwide.com/ - Never used. www.blurb.com/ - meant to be good but I've still not ever thought about using it.

I'm not a salesman of any of these companies, I'm just pointing them out. However, I will forewarn you that actually printing copies of your book costs quite a lot of money if you're just going to give it to a few people. Whenever I've printed my work into a book, I've only done it for novelty purposes. Whenever I've wished to have beta readers, I've always given them the book electronically.

Load Full (0)