bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : How to add multiple carriage returns between documents in Scrivener? When compiling, i'm given 4 options for text separators, in the "separators" tab. What I want to do, is have 2 carriage - selfpublishingguru.com

10.03% popularity

When compiling, i'm given 4 options for text separators, in the "separators" tab. What I want to do, is have 2 carriage returns, a line with 4 asterisks, then 2 carriage returns, between each text document within a folder. This is how every book I buy seems to be formatted. However, none of the options in the "separators" section allow multiple carriage returns. Does anyone know how to accomplish this in scrivener?

The 4 options for a text separator in the "separators" section are: single return, empty line, page break, or custom (which allows only a single line of text). Is there maybe a placeholder tag for a carriage return? The "custom" option allows placeholder tags, but I can't find one for a carriage return.

Load Full (3)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Yeniel532

3 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

Another option :
In compile, select formatting. The "page padding" allows you to select any number of lines to be inserted before each text.

Load Full (0)

10% popularity

I have researched this as much as I can. The only way I can find to handle this during compile, is to create an image that has the space the carriage returns would normally fill, then add that image to your project, then add the image to the text separator field, using an image tag.

The image tag will look like this:

<$img:separator-file-name>

Replace separator-file-name with the name of the image you imported into your project.

The text separator field can be found by selecting compile then going to separators.

Load Full (0)

10% popularity

I achieve a similar effect by using "custom" text separator option (insert your four asterisks there) and adding the necessary number of blank lines (filled with a couple of spaces, otherwise they might be ignored while compiling) at the beginning and at the end of each "scrivening" (text chunk).

Not ideal, but works.

Load Full (0)