bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: I'm an editor who generally uses Word to communicate changes with my authors. Is Adobe's InCopy better for this task? For all of my editing work I'm currently using Microsoft Word. But I've - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

This is a matter where the software quality is not the issue. Instead there are two questions: what your writers have and use, and which features you use for editing.

Depending on your answer to the second question, the first issue may be relatively minor. I use Word for all my editing for the simple reason that its revision marking features and comments are the best I've encountered... and most of my authors have it. The articles I assign have little in the way of formatting, other that italics and bullets; all the formatting comes from the Web content management system. So the "word processing" features are not stressed at all.

As a result, most of my writers can do their editing in the Author Review in Open Office or most tools that import and export RTF... if they don't already have Word. And most of them DO have Word.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Goswami879

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best