bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Does order matter in an MLA7 header In A Pocket Style Manual, 7th ed., it says that, although MLA doesn't require a title page, you need to have a header with you name, instructor's name, - selfpublishingguru.com

10.01% popularity

In A Pocket Style Manual, 7th ed., it says that, although MLA doesn't require a title page, you need to have a header with you name, instructor's name, course title, and the date.

Title and identification   MLA does not require a title page. On the first page of your paper, place your name, your instructor's name, the course title, and the date on separate lines against the left margin. Then center your title.

(p. 167)
In my paper currently, I have

[My Name]
[Instructor's Name]
[Course Number]
[Date]

Does the order matter?

Load Full (1)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Sent2472441

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

In my experience, the order matters. Yes, I do believe it's trivial, but I've been enforced on that particular order, and I've encouraged others to stick to the order. All in all, though, it honestly depends on the temperament of the teacher or professor in question. I certainly wouldn't deduct major points for the heading being slightly out of order, but others are sticklers.

I'm also assuming you're asking here because you need to turn in an assignment for a class. Please correct me if this assumption is wrong.

Load Full (0)