bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: I need recommendations for what software can I use in writing my first story Hi I'm new here and obviously I'm also just a beginner in writing a story. Actually, I'm gonna try to write a - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Some of the best writing tools out there are the following:

Microsoft Word, an all-purpose writing tool that can be used for drafts, notes, or final formatting.
Scrivener, a drafting tool that is used to efficiently create your initial draft using an in-depth set of tools for taking down ideas and quickly accessing them as well as plan your story easily.
Google Docs, a free tool that can be used for not only notes but act as a drafting tool with automatic cloud saving.

In terms of starting to write, the following steps may help.

Decide on an idea that you want to write about. Is it fantasy? Sci-fi? Historical? What era is it set in? What will the world be like?
Figure out what your protagonist's aim is. Do they want to avenge a death? Do they want to solve a mystery? Do they want to save the world?
Flesh your ideas, world, and characters out and make connections between them.
Start writing!

Some tips:

Don't worry about what you can or can't do, it depends on how you do it and if you can do it effectively to reach the message or idea you want to convey.
Set alongside some time every day to write, maybe 1-2 hours a day to get into a habit.
Keep a notepad or document to jot down any sudden inspirations you have.
Read, read, and keep reading for inspiration and other ideas. Don't worry, almost everything has been done before.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Holmes449

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best