bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Which program should I use to write the first draft of my novel? I'm working on outlining a novel and would like to start a first draft but I can't decide on any of the endless amounts - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I'm adding an answer here that is posted on a question that will probably soon be removed.

Evernote is also easy to use, especially if you have different documents (world building, characters, plot, backstory, actual story, etc.) and want to keep them together. It uses 'notebooks' which can then keep those different documents in the same place. It is also free and works on-line (in-browser, app, mac/pc-software and synced between devices) and offline as well.

I've switched from Google Docs to Evernote because Google Docs has no offline function (on Mac/Pc)Corrected, it does. see comments and because I have a lot of different documents like mentioned above.

It does however NOT help you with a logical format like Scrivener does, but it is a good place to start since it is free and keeps things manageable.
I like the additional fact that it runs very smoothly compared to word on Mac, but I may be particularly picky when it comes to this.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Eichhorn147

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best