bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Does age matter if you want to publish a non fiction book? Specifically, with some kind of psychological subject, and some theories and philosophies. The book will have subjects people generally - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Young people have a lot of unique experiences and insights into aspects of underground culture. Youth-oriented topics always have potential to sell. On the other hand, younger writers write flabbier prose and require more hand-holding.

Publishing companies would definitely take a chance on a book by a younger writer, but they have to factor into it the fact that the author's writing skills may not be fully developed and require editing.

On the other hand, some younger writers have been blogging for several years already and have enough writing practice to write clearly and succinctly.

Speaking for myself, things I wrote in my youthful days were less organized, less focused.

Finally, nowadays publishers are not publishing as many unknowns these days unless the author can demonstrate an ability to publish multiple works for a series. You may need to sell the series concept more than the book itself.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Shelton455

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best