bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Book Format Shape I'm writing a book which has about 60 pages at the moment, not even to the halfway point of the story. What puzzles me is whether I'm using the right settings about margins - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

There is no definite paper size to use for your book, margin size, or anything else similar because the publisher will almost always have a preference.

While you're writing, I'd say do what you want that is comfortable for you while you're writing, because you can always change the paper size etc after your finish. Here's what I use:

Microsoft word. Paper size A5. Font Garamond size 11. Font DarkII for titles, size 28.

If you are printing a copy for yourself (as a novelty)

Sort out the paper sizes yourself. If you're using, for example, a print on demand company, ensure that your manuscript fits to the paper sizes they're offering. Normally, what's on the page - like the margins - don't matter to them.

If you're looking to get published

You need to sort it out with your publisher. You should check what formatting your publisher likes and organise your manuscript accordingly.

I hope this helped you.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Gloria285

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best