bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How to describe a kiss between the protagonists in third person? I'm writing in third person because I want to express the standpoint of both of my characters. Everything's running smoothly except - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

The representation of emotions from a third person point of view is usually done be describing the outward expressions of the emotion. Describe the outward signs of their emotions instead of telling the reader what is being felt.

Modern writers often expand on that rather distant, showing technique by leveraging the supernatural nature of intimacy which grants the couple extraordinary insights into each other's soul. The author is able to report each character's inner state by describing what their mate senses through the sudden intimacy.

If the passion is transformative, leading one or both to personal revelation and growth, the report from the participating, yet perceiving mate can be extremely insightful, without breaking the third person point of view.

We all want to believe that intimacy merges our third-person relationships with others into something approaching the first-person relationship we enjoy with ourselves. Maybe that is true in the real world. That is a question which each brave lover must answer for themselves. But in the world of our writings, that merging can be an absolute truth, and as authors we can use it to bend the point of view boundaries, at least for a scene or two.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Bryan361

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best