bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Is it harder to publish a successful book these days? Today, is it harder to get a lot of people to buy and read a published book than it was in the past? (Are people reading books less - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I think it was Jeff Bezos (Amazon's CEO) who said that books didn't die - they just went digital.

He was right.

You say that people rather watch Netflix or maybe YouTube. And you're right.

But did you know that there's a YouTube for writers and readers? It's called Medium (created by one of Twitter's co-founders).

Never in my wildest dreams I imagined that one of my stories would get 5K views and 400 likes, and become featured on their Top Stories. But it happened.

On Medium, readers can recommend your stories, comment on them, highlight the passages they like. (Yes, social media in written work.)

Authors can post their stories, send them to publications (online user-created magazines, some even have 77K followers), and create something called Series (think of Amazon books that you can extend anytime and notify your readers immediately). If you want to earn an income you can link your Patreon account or your e-book at the end of your sample chapters or short stories you post on the site. (Be sure to have many followers before doing this.)

Truth, publishing a physical book, or writing in general, has become harder. But publishing digital work has become easier and more fun than ever.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Candy753

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best