bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: What are the keywords of fantasy that might deliver the feeling of fantasy I am asking about the keywords that could make anyone feel fantasy. it will be better if every one who will see - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Lexical (Semantic) Fields

I'm not going to give you words to describe fantasy - that's not the point of this site. Instead, I'm going to introduce you to what a lexical field is. A lexical field is a 'family' of related words. This is also known as a semantic field.

For example, here are some words in the lexical field of nature:

Tree
Forest
Green
Sylvan

By coming up with words relating to one lexical field and using that in your writing, you can reinforce a certain mood. For example, you can restrict yourself to using lovely words, or sad words, and that will help reinforce the mood of your novel.

What I suggest you do, is think of some words you associate with fantasy. Create a lexical field of fantasy words to use in your writing. You're looking to make the setting as accurate as possible to what is in your mind. If it's sad fantasy, use sad words, etc.

Due to this, I don't believe it's right to just hand out words to you. It depends on many factors, and you should decide for yourself. Use a semantic field to assist you in creating a true sense of setting within your writing.

I hope this helped you.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Gloria285

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best