bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Can I self-publish on a reputable publishing platform, and how much would it cost? With the barrier to having a publisher sign a new author seemingly high, especially without prior success or - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I'm in a similar situation, with a background in business, some savings and an understanding of how I would approach such a project were it in my comfort zone (i.e. in my company).

k is probably too much - you'd lose the better part of it without recognising the ROI unless you have a clear, structured plan all the way down the process. I've chosen to work with Type&Tell, which is a self-pub spin off from Bonnier. They impressed me at the London Book Fair over competitors for several reasons:

they have a good reputation as a publishing house and have clear expertise from the mothership
they offer clear, concise services and are approachable if you're not sure what you need
they don't take royalties, which means you pay upfront and manage your own risk afterwards

My background is online advertising and large-scale lead generation so I'm comfortable running my own marketing. Therefore I was looking for a company who could offer just the final editing, design and logistics of my book. Total costs to get it to market will be ~k which includes marketing materials.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @BetL639

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best