logo selfpublishingguru.com

topic : Re: Is it possible for an aggressive character to become sensitive? So I'm writing a story, a fanfiction to be specific, and a main character is an aggressive, emotionless, constantly angry man,

Caterina108 @Caterina108

To add to Lauren's excellent answer—the clarity of which could only be explained by a time zone difference (it is Sunday morning here in the States), and before someone else chimes in stating that there is no new stories, but the ones which were already told, are of two kinds: plot-driven and character-driven—a story of someone whose perception of the world or relationship with another character changes drastically in the course of it, is not new. It is, basically, every other story in the history of literature.

Which does not mean that your story will be less interesting or original, because it all depends on how you tell it. This foggy attempt of an answer is not by any means intended to discourage you from writing, quite the opposite—you should go ahead and tackle this with all your might.

However, the fact that you are asking this question, made me alert, because it means that you do not have a story in your head. If you had it, you would not be asking if this evolution of a character is possible, you would just write it.

Writing a profound character arch for the sake of having one is a risky endeavor, but if you are a discovery writer, such as myself, just go for it and see what you can learn from the experience.

Best of luck (you will need it)!

10% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

SelfPubGuruLearn self publishing
Back to top | Use Dark Theme