bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How to make the reader feel like the protagonist is not a single character, but the group/squad? Im writing a fictional dieselpunk story based on the WW2 era in a world of my own. The protagonists - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I agree with Mark in principle, but I would expand to add that I think by trying to revolve your story around two squads and trying to have them both as sets of protagonists, you're doing too much? With each individual within each group you have the entire structure of their personal arc, and to have that for two squads seems a mountain to climb. I don't know what your plan is (and I have a screenplay rather than novel background so I'm not sure how helpful I can be to you) but I would perhaps suggest splitting the squads into separate works. This would help you with being able to flesh out each squad, having more time/room to focus on individuals and the core group as a whole. That said if your story demands both are present at the same time, maybe make the squads smaller?

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Tiffany377

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best